Sunday, May 2, 2010

Accessorizing the Look

I have gotten most of my accessories for the wedding! From the moment I started looking online for wedding inspiration I was drawn to one look that I KNEW I had to incorporate into my wedding... COLORED SHOES.
[Leigh Miller via Snippet & Ink]

[The Studio Nouveau via Snippet & Ink]

[Elisabeth Millay via Snippet & Ink]

Unfortunately, bright green heels are SOOOO last season because almost no one carried this color of shoe. I eventually found a pair from Nina's that I liked and decided to try out another style as well.
[Nina Electra (Green) and Nina Kyleen (Black)]

After lots of heming and hawing I decided on the Nina Electra, although they were higher (4.5") the bow and the overall look trumped all. I did get some platform flip flops to wear later in the evening in case my feet aren't loving the look as much as my heart is.

My mother is letting borrow an emerald cut aquamarine ring in a yellow gold setting similar to this beauty:
[Jewels for Me]

This ring is gorgeous and I am so excited to wear it because it belonged to grandmother before my mom making it my something old, borrowed, and blue. This little lovely presented me with a little dilemma though... it's yellow gold and my E-ring and wedding band are both white gold. Hmmm... what's a girl to do? BUY MORE JEWELRY.


[Originals by Kimerly on Etsy]

I stumbled upon this stunner after weeks of searching on etsy, ebay, and google. I just L-O-V-E it and am already finding excuses to wear it again after the wedding. (ie. I need to purchase this dress because it will look great with my new bracelet...haha)

I am not sure if we will be wearing the next item on our wedding day but we will be definitely be sporting them on the honeymoon. These are our "fake" wedding bands.

[titaniumknights on Etsy]

We purchased these babies because we didn't feel safe traveling with our new wedding bling. The ocean, the sand, and sometimes hotels have been known to run off with important jewelery and we just didn't want to risk it. Also when Ryan deploys he wants to wear a wedding band but doesn't want to ruin his real ring by scratching it up in the sand so a "fake" band seemed to be the perfect alternative. Although "fake" wedding bands aren't for everyone we are really glad we ordered them and feel much better knowing we can't still wear wedding bands without having to constant worry about their safety.

Even though I call these bands "fake" I still consider them to be as symbolic as our actual wedding bands. We also had our nicknames for each other engraved on the inside which makes them equally sentimental to me. I plan on wearing my "fake" wedding band as a right hand ring most days.

For a little extra sparkle I purchased these studs on Etsy.

[Mimi's Design on Etsy]

And finally my birdcage veil and fascinator.

[Prim and Posies on Etsy]
I still can't figure out excatly how to place this baby but I'm sure my Bridesmaids and hairdresser can help.

So, do you think it looks good together? Should I look for different accessories? How did you pull the look together?

No comments:

Post a Comment