I have not been impressed by ANY of the unity candles I have seen in the stores. They are a little too "busy" for my tastes... too many sparkles, pearls, etc. So I decided I was going to make my own. It is pretty easy and will show you how mine turns out in a later post.
In addition to not being happy with the candles I was REALLY not happy with any of the bases. I wanted to use a "traditional" base that held two taper candles with a large pillar candle in the center but I also wanted it to be black to make the candles "pop" and tie in that color. Those two things are no where to be found. So I decided to make my own. I ended up using three pillar candles, two shorter ones and one taller one instead of taper candles.
I found these bases in the Halloween section at Michael's.... haha.
The little purple skull heads had to go... but that was pretty easy with a pair of pliers. I touched up the marks left by the my yanking the skull heads out with a little bit of black spray paint and VOILA....
a whole new purpose... and theme!